Arrival, application formalities and admission to the University
1. Admission to the educational institution (visa-free countries)
On the basis of the Admission Rules, citizens of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan are given the opportunity to enter not only on a competitive basis as citizens of the Republic of Belarus (according to the results of the entrance tests in the form of centralized testing), but also on the terms provided for foreign citizens and stateless persons (p.4.4.5). Citizens of the following countries do not need a study visa for admission: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro,Uzbekistan.
2. Admission to the educational institution (visa countries)
Foreign citizens from countries that are not mentioned above must get a study visa to enter the University.
3. Before arriving in Belarus:
Foreign citizens who wish to study at the Grodno State Medical University must get an Invitation Letter at the International Affairs Department of the University. The letter will let you open a study visa at the Consular Office of the Republic of Belarus abroad.
The Invitation Letter is issued by the University FREE OF CHARGE! Documents required for registration of the Invitation Letter both for the 1st course and Preparatory Department are as follows:
- a copy of Education Certificate (document) with marks (scores) obtained in different academic disciplines, with the obligatory presence of the grades in Biology, Chemistry and Physics;
- a notarized translation of the Education Certificate with the indication of the studied subjects and the marks (points) received into Russian or Belarusian;
- a copy of the passport or another identity document;
- a notarized translation of a passport or other identity document into Belarusian or Russian, certified by a notary.
You can submit the documents for the registration of the Invitation Letter for 1st year of studies from May up to August!
After receiving the applicant’s documents for studies, the University regards the documents and makes the decision on the possibility of issuing the Invitation Letter. After that, the University sends the ready Invitation Letter to the applicant. A candidate for training is applying for a study visa at the consular office of the Republic of Belarus at the place of their residence. In the absence of a consular office of the Republic of Belarus in your country, a study visa can be issued in the Consular Department of the National Airport of Minsk. It should be mentioned that in this case, the presence of a University employee is obligatory at the airport. Therefore, it is necessary (within a week) to inform in advance the International Affairs Department of GRSMU about the expected date of your entry into the territory of the Republic of Belarus by phone: + 375 152 446812.
4. Procedure of foreign citizens admission:
5. Admission process:
When entering the University, foreign citizens are required:
- to apply for studying in the name of the Rector;
- to submit documents according to the list specified in the Order on Admission of foreign citizens;
- to pass entrance tests according to the admission procedure for foreign citizens;
- to conclude the Agreement on Education at the Faculty for International Students;
- to make payment for the 1st semester of study in accordance with the Agreement;
- to make an advance payment for accommodation in a hostel in accordance with the Tenancy Agreement.
Foreign citizens who have fulfilled the above requirements within the prescribed period, by Order of the Rector are enrolled in the 1st year of studies at the Faculty for International Students.