University > Structure > Departments > Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Military Field Surgery
The Department currently provides teaching of the following academic disciplines for 4th, 5th- and 6th-year students of 4 faculties: “Traumatology and orthopedics”, “War surgery”, “Nursing in traumatology and war surgery”. More than 40 manuals have been prepared, including 3 with the stamp of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus. 4 typical syllabus have been published. Since 1990 continuous medical education courses performed for district orthopedic surgeons. The Students of Faculty for International Students study the following disciplines: traumatology and orthopedics 66 academic hours (16 - lectures, 50 - practical classes), War surgery - 65 academic hours (20 - lectures, 45 - practical classes).
Rules and regulations for students:
1. Students are expected to come to the study room of the Department of Internal Diseases I at 7.50 and to prepare for classes. Students are expected to show up for a class on time. We start at 8 a.m.
2. Each class lasts for seven academic hours. There are 3 breaks for 15 minutes during a class. Students are not allowed to be late for the
class after a break.
3. Students are expected:
- to leave their over clothes and big bags in the student cloak room;
- to have stethoscope and medical uniform (white coat and cap, mask, appropriate shoes);
- to be appropriately dressed - dress and shoes should be clean, tidy, do not wear any costs, jackets and outdoor-wear garments during a class;
- to put away the personal cell phone into their bag or pocket and to keep cell phones on silent or off-mode;
- to keep their classroom clean and to air the room during breaks.