The Department of Pediatrics I provides training in Pediatrics (different area of this specialty with exclusion of pediatric neurology, pediatric dermatology, pediatric surgery, genetics) for students of Faculty of General Medicine, Medical Faculty for International Students, Faculty of Medical Diagnostics, Faculty of Mental Health Medicine.
4th-, 5th-, and 6th-year students of Faculty of General Medicine, Medical Faculty for International Students, and 4th- and 5th-year students of Faculty of Mental Health Medicine and 4th-year students of Faculty of Medical Diagnostics have classes in Pediatrics at the Department. According to the Curriculum all students have an exam at the end of the course of Pediatrics (in semester IX) for students of Faculty of General Medicine, Medical Faculty for International Students, Faculty of Mental Health Medicine and (in semester VIII) for students of Faculty of Medical Diagnostics.
Exam is composed of four parts:
- pre-exam computer test
- oral examination
- laboratory tests assessment and an X-ray picture review
- situational tasks on organizing feeding for infants
Specialists of our Department provide Postgraduate Training in Pediatrics for GP as well as we propose to undertake Pediatric Residency Program at our Department.
Rules and regulations for students
- Students are supposed to come by 7.50 a.m. at the latest to the laboratory assistant room of the Department of Pediatrics I, to take the key of their classroom and prepare for classes. Students are expected to show up for a class on time. We start at 8 a.m.
- Students are expected
- to leave their outerwear and big bags in the student cloak room at the basement floor of the hospital;
- to have stethoscope and medical uniform (a white coat and cap, mask, appropriate shoes);
- to be appropriately dressed - a dressing gown and shoes should be clean, tidy; no coats, jackets, and outdoor-wear garments may be worn during a class;
- to put away the personal cell phone into their bag or pocket and to keep cell phones on silent or off-mode;
- to keep their classroom clean and to air the room during breaks.