The Department of Normal Physiology provides training for 2nd year students of the Faculty of General Medicine, the Medical Faculty for International Students (Terms III and IV, 366 academic hours), the Faculty of Mental Health Medicine and the Faculty of Medical Diagnostics on the subject “Normal Physiology”.
Classes for International students are conducted in English.
The lecturers of the Department have developed the following study guides and manuals:
- Normal physiology: textbook for International Students of Higher Education Institutions on Specialty "General Medicine" (in English) / V.V. Zinchuk, A.A. Balbatun, S.D. Arekhau, S.V. Hlutkin, Y.М. Yemelianchik / ed. by V.V. Zinchuk. – Grodno: GrSMU, 2020. – 536 с.
- Textbook of Normal Physiology for the 2nd year students of the Medical Faculty for International Students / V.V. Zinchuk, A.A. Balbatun, S.D. Arekhau, S.V. Hlutkin, Y.М. Yemelianchik / ed. by V.V. Zinchuk. – Grodno: GrSMU, 2018. – 462 p.;
- Laboratory Manual and Workbook in Normal Physiology for the 2nd year students of the Medical Faculty for International Students / V.V. Zinchuk, A.A. Balbatun, S.D. Arekhau, S.V. Hlutkin, Y.M. Yemialyanchyk, L.V. Dorokhina – Minsk: New Knowledge, 2019. – 358 p.;
- Normal physiology: multiple choice tests for Medical Faculty for International Students / V.V. Zinchuk, O.A. Balbatun, S.V. Hlutkin, S.D. Arekhau. – 2nd ed. – Grodno: GrSMU, 2017. – 264 с.
According to the Curriculum all students have a final exam at the end of the academic year.
The Exam is composed of the following parts:
- exam multiple choice computer test
- oral examination
Postgraduate education: Master’s studies, Speciality 1-798029 “Pathological Physiology, Physiology”, Post-graduate studies, Speciality 03.03.01 “Physiology”, Doctoral studies, Speciality 03.03.01 “Physiology”.
Rules and regulations for students
- Students are expected to attend all classes and lectures regularly and always come on time.
- Each class lasts for three and a half academic hours. There is 1 break for 15 minutes during the class. Students are not allowed to be late for the class after a break.
- Students should be polite and first to greet the teachers of the Department and of other departments as well.
- In the Department classes may start at a different time. So that students must be respectful for other students and not making noise during breaks.
- Students are allowed to leave a class room (or a lecture hall) only at the end of class, or after permission of the teacher.
- During the class students should follow the Safety rules for normal physiology lessons and behave in a respectful manner toward the teacher and other students.
- The students, who have missed a class (or a lecture), must present a permit note from the dean`s office and make up the missed class (lecture). Tutorials are held every week according to the timetable.
Students are required:
- To leave their overcoats in the student cloak room;
- To be appropriately dressed - dress and shoes should be clean, tidy; students may be not admitted to the class if their attire is deemed inappropriate by staff;
- To wear relevant medical uniform. Without the uniform a student will not be admitted to the class;
- To put away mobiles into a bag or pocket and to keep them on silent or off-mode; emergency calls to parents should be made only in the front entry area of the Department.
- To bring laboratory manuals and workbooks to each class, that are necessary for performing laboratory works.
- A student on-duty is expected to prepare the blackboard for the class and clean it afterwards.
|Rating criteria for practical skills, computer testing and examination|