The History of the Faculty of General Medicine begins in 1958 when the Grodno State Medical University was founded. In 1958-1959 academic year there were 250 students at the Faculty. After graduation they were qualified as physicians.
In the early 1990s the Faculty was called “The Faculty of General Medicine and Prophylaxis” and the students were specializing in General Medicine and Prophylaxis.
At present the Faculty of General Medicine provides education, training and research activities in General Medicine. The Faculty trains students, post-graduates and researchers in the field of General Medicine financed by the state budget and on a fee basis.