Scientific research interests at the Department are devoted to the study diseases of the reproductive system - modern methods of diagnosis and treatment.
The department constantly carries out research work on scientific projects and thesis research.
The main directions of research work of the department are:
- Improving the medical and preventive measures in preeclampsia, fetoplacental insufficiency, intrauterine infection, intrauterine growth restriction, premature birth, extragenital pathology in pregnant women (liver pathology, connective tissue disorder, anemia, etc.).
- Development of modern methods of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cervical disease, new approaches to observing the patients with HPV infection.
- Improvement of endoscopic diagnosis and treatment in obstetrics and gynecology: in benign tumors of the uterus and appendages, hyperplastic processes of endometrium, infertility.
- Modern approaches to the choice of medical tactics in hyperplastic processes of endometrium and organ-sparing methods in treating uterine fibroids.
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of systemic disorders in natural and surgical menopause, introduction of new pathogenetic treatment of climacteric syndrome.
Over the last 5 years, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus has approved 8 instructions for use, and 3 patents for inventions have been granted.
The research results have been introduced to the work of obstetric and gynecological hospitals and antenatal clinics.