The Department provides training on 2 courses (ENT and Dentistry) at 5 Faculties.
Training in otorhinolaryngology is carried out at 5 faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine (4th course – 86 practical hours + 10 lectures, 6th course – 698 practical hours + 20 lectures)
- Faculty of Pediatrics (5th course – 90 practical hours +10 lectures)
- Faculty of Medical Diagnostics (4th course – 57 practical hours +8 lectures)
- Faculty of Mental Health Medicine (5th course – 68 practical hours + 6 lectures)
- Medical Faculty for International Students (4th course – 86 practical hours +10 lectures)
Classes for international students are conducted in Russian and English.
Training in dentistry is carried out at 3 faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine (3rd course – 42 practical hours + 6 lectures)
- Faculty of Pediatrics (4th course – 42 practical hours + 6 lectures)
- Medical Faculty for International Students (3rd course – 42 practical hours + 6 lectures)
The Staff have developed and implemented a method of computer test control of knowledge for students at exams, curricula for otorhinolaryngology for medical-psychological and nursing faculties, interns, situational tasks, a list of practical skills, methodological recommendations for students and teachers in certain sections of otorhinolaryngology. Guidelines for students and teachers have also been developed and published.
The Department provides training of post-graduates (Postgraduate Master’s degree students and clinical residents).
According to the curriculum, at the end of the cycle, all students pass a differential pass-fail exam on Otorhinolaryngology, which consists of the following parts:
- a computer test
- a written exam
- Labcoat and full surgical suit (jacket + trousers)
- Medical cap or hairnet
- Medical mask
- Shoe covers
- Indoor shoes
- Disposable dressing gown to visit the operating unit